How easy is it to join a listing site that verifies owners: #VERIFIEDOwner, allows direct communication between guest and owners safely: #BookDirect, and downloads most of your information, pictures, and reviews? Oh and is FREE for 2019?
About 10 minutes of your time to copy your information and join www.HOUFY.com
#1To Start CLICK this link Backup & Sync
#2 Add your prices and make sure you link a calendar
Now you can post your #BookDirect, #VERIFIEDOwner, safe listing site link to all those facebook groups.
Post your Houfy link for guest to find
Need more help? go to www.Houfy.com and search Watch HOUFY Videos, or search Houfy Help, Houfy FAQ, Houfy info
Join the owners group for information about www.Houfy.com
- 1 user likes this
#BookDirect*VERIFIED OWNER*Affordable, Clean, Ocean Front, Dog Friendly, 2 bed, 2 bath Condo in Panama City Beach: Click the link for more information
#BookDirect with the owner through a listing site that VERIFIES OWNERS and SAVES you MONEY (you do not have to pay those crazy VRBO or AIRBnB fees).
- *No Crazy VRBO fees or Air BnB fees
- $100 first payment reserves your dates (no security deposit)
- *direct owner contact information call/text/email me directly or through the listing site
- *VERIFIED OWNER the listing site checks each owner to make sure they are legit. DON"T GET FOOLED OR SCAMMED with one of those "look at this vrbo site, but PM me, TOO easy for scammers to hide and too hard to verify ownership.
- Ground floor storage room with not 2 beach chairs: but 4-6 beach chairs, (I update/replace chairs/items regularly so chairs/items in the photos may have a different pattern/color then chairs/items in the ground floor storage room) (4 folding chairs, Umbrellas, Tent, coolers, beach cart, beach toys, and more beach stuff . ********All the adults/kids can get a chair to sit on, and you can move freely from closer to the water to farther away. Our tent has anchors to help on those windier days, just fill with sand. How close to the beach you ask? The Low rise building in the back we are the top floor,3 room from the right
- VIP parking under the building for one car and another parking spot in the open parking lot
- NO EXTRA FEES, NO SECURITY DEPOSIT, NO PARKING FEES, NO POOL FEES, NO PET FEES, NO MANAGEMENT FEE ...........ALL FEES INCLUDED
- Don't forget we are dog friendly, bring your best friend to the beach with you, we have secure netting around the balcony to keep even the smallest fur babies safe.
More photos, Calendars, verified contact info check out our listing www.HOUFY.com/1154
Dates Available for 2019 . Subject to change as dates are booked. Please check calendar for specific dates and prices . Saturday to Saturday rentals, 7 nights minimum *First $100 payment holds your dates, payment in full due 60 days prior to arrival.
- December OPEN
- Booked for January and February of 2020
TOTAL PRICE no other fees, Taxes included in price.
Like and follow us on Facebook for Photos events places to eat
We are on other listing sites that DO NOT charge guest fees!!!! Most VERIFY OWNERS too
- 3 users like this
Don't get scammed!!! Save money on your next vacation rental. #BookDirect
It's that time of year again when guest are looking for vacation rentals. How do I safely book a vacation rental without paying the VRBO/AirBnB service fees?
Guest are searching facebook vacation rental groups looking for #BookDirect rentals from owners and managers to save money. Why would somebody post a link that directs the guest back to a site that charges fees $$$ like VRBO or AirBnB? THATS CRAZY????
This also opens the door to scammers "look here but pm me for prices". Don't get scammed!!! You can't confirm the name of the owner through VRBO or AirBnB and facebook links. Protect yourself. If the owner/manager does not have a link to a website or listing site that has their contact information and that doesn't charge fees TELL THEM THEY NEED TO JOIN ONE. Support the new listing sites that allows owners/managers contact information and supports guest staying safe and saving money.
MOST SCAMS happen through PM. Personal Messages........it's the easiest way for a scammer to hide. Don't get scammed!!!! ALWAYS ASK FOR A LINK to a listing site or website that 1. doesn't charge site fees and 2. has the contact information including name and phone number visible. And 3. message through the link.
- Book on some of the new listing sites that do not charge site fees. For a list of sites scroll through this facebook group Vacation Rental 101 ....
BUT REMEMBER If it sounds too good to be true............well.........ITS PROBABLE A SCAM!
Support these new listing sites without site service fees, where contact information is available and protect guest from scammers and save money. It's a win win for both.
VRBO/AirBnB charge site fees, and hide owners contact information. If a guest wanted to pay those $$$$ fees they would have looked at those listing sites, but guest want to SAVE MONEY thats why they are looking in Facebook groups.
Here are a few facebook groups that ONLY ALLOW LINKS to sites that do not charge site fees or websites and allows communication and contact info on the listing sites or websites.
- 2 users like this
What is #BookDirect?
Mark your calendars: February 6th 2019: Second annual #BookDirect day!!
HOUFY supports #BookDirect and offers guests an opportunity to book directly with a host SAVING on OTA (Online Travel Agency) "Service Fees". These 'service fees' are usually around 15% and can go up to 20% or more. In most cases the 'service fees' are paid by the guest (Airbnb/Homeaway/Expedia/Tripadvisor). At (Booking.com) it is the home/business owner who pays.
How to BookDirect?
Many vacation rental owners and hotels have their own website. Search on Google and contact. There are new marketplaces being created where you can contact the owner directly. Unfortunately, OTA's use certain tactics like: "best price guarantee (booking.com), free cancellation, 100% secured, insured booking", to keep guests feeling "secure" using their platforms; which in most cases is incorrect information.
#BookDirect is a movement of a group of Hoteliers and property owners trying to educate guests on the advantages of booking directly. The first #BookDirect day was held on February 7th 2018, hoteliers and vacation rental owners come together to mark this inaugural #BookDirect day. One of Houfy's goals is to connect all these hoteliers and property owners on one platform.
What is Houfy?
Houfy is a project in the making; a combination of marketplaces with a social network, designed for anything related to properties. Houfy's mission is to cut out the middlemen and to promote #BookDirect. For more information: click here
What can you do as an owner?
A) Educate YOUR guests to stay with YOU again at YOUR home using YOUR website & brand (Safest option) - Q: Will the guest remember your site name: ABC-HOUSE-IN-CITY.COM?
B) Educate YOUR guests to use "a marketplace/website" which supports BOOKDIRECT (You might think: This would only help the other members and/or the owner of the marketplace/website - and who knows? Maybe the owner will change strategy and start charging "service fees".
C) Promote Houfy: Our priority is to fix a problem: Cutting out the middlemen. Houfy will need to become a movement as a GROUP of Hoteliers/Property owners. If this does not happen, the chances of success will be close to 0, just like any other start-up/VR marketplace in this field(B). How will Houfy make money? We do not expect Houfy to make money in the short term (5Y). All funds received (once this happens 2021 - advertising/other) will be reinvested in the project.
We are currently assigning points/shares to all our members. (Log in and type "/points" behind the url) This is work in progress: For example, Listing views, Post views, Guide views are counted towards points/shares.
Choosing A, B or C is up to you.
- 4 users like this
Banana Baileys Colada Please
What is your favorite vacation drink?
My favorite drink is off the menu at Schooners, Banana Baileys Colada. When I am at Diamond on the Emerald Coast, I like to make these in my Ninja personal mixer and bring it out to the beach to watch the sunset. I searched for a recipe and modified it a little and this is what I came up with.
2 shot glasses of Baileys
1 shot glasses of Banana Liquor
3 shot glasses of Pina Colada drink
Fill the Ninja cup with ice and blend
Add whip cream spray to the top
Sprinkle with nutmeg
Add a Cherry
Its not exactly like Schooners, but it is good.
- 1 user likes this
What should I pack for Vacation?
You spent months planning the perfect vacation: exploring different vacation destination, finding the perfect rental place, rearranging schedules, getting time off work, and now its time to go, but you don't know what to pack?
First of all ALWAYS PACK ANYTHING THAT YOU NEED, THAT YOU CAN'T EASILY PURCHASE AT THE LOCAL STORE. For example medications, cell phones, phone numbers, credit cards, driver licenses, and specialty items like favorite stuff that you can't live without: favorite pillow, blanket, sunglasses, shirt, hat ect.
Next, always ask the place where you are renting what items are included in the rental and don't be afraid to ask questions. How many towels? are beach towels included? Are beach chairs included? How many beach chairs? I am going to compile a list of frequently asked questions and a list of items that are included in our vacation rental Diamond on the Emerald Coast.
Frequently asked questions:
- Do you have a Keurig maker or a coffee pot? Diamond on the Emerald Coast has both. (while there are a stack of coffee filters left over from previous guest at this time, guest are required to supply coffee, pods and filters if there are not any.
- Frying pans? Yes we have an assortment of stainless steel pots and pans and a few non-stick pots and pans.
- Beach Chairs? Diamond on the Emerald Coast has an assortment of beach chairs, umbrella, cart, tent, toys, cooler and other beach items in a ground floor storage room.
- Linens? All beds will be made prior to arrival except the pull out couch will need to be made (sheets are provided) We have a large supply of linen: bath towels, beach towels, kitchen towels and sheets. No daily maid service is provided but a washer and dryer are in the unit.
- Do you have a hand held Shower? Shower/Tub? Diamond on the Emerald Coast has 2 walk in showers one with a hand held shower.
6. Do you have Wifi? The Dunes of Panama provides free wifi. Instructions are on the refrigerator.
Think about what your planning to cook for the week and determine if you need to bring an extra large pot for cooking lobster or a Turkey Roaster for cooking holiday meal? These are two items that we do not have in our rental yet. (most fish markets will steam/season your seafood for free)
Insta pot (not available)
Grilling spatula, tongs, fork
Spices, Oils, Seasoning (check the condo to see what is available usually salt and pepper is provided and a few other items maybe available)
Pots and Pans
Dishes, Cups, Bowls
Pizza Pans/Pizza Cutter
X Large stock pot (not available)
Turkey Roaster (not available)
Diamond on the Emerald Coast has a large selection of beach items located in the ground floor storage room, however not all rentals will have as much stuff for their guest to use, always confirm what items are available.
Tall folding chairs
Rafts/pump to blow the rafts up
Flip Flops (not provided)
While you can purchase all these items from a local store, selections might be limited and prices may be higher.
Always ask, some rental require guest to bring all bedding. Some rentals will have a basic bedding accessories, but you may want to bring more pillows or blankets if you need a specific arrangement to sleep well.
Each bed will have 4 pillows various styles
Dvd/Tvs in all the rooms
Usb ports on power strips
Paper Towels (starter roll provided)
Spices/Seasoning/Oils (varies, salt and pepper are typically provided)
Baggies (sometimes available)
Ceran Wrap (sometimes available)
Assortment of cleaning supplies (varies)
Toilet Paper (starter roll provided)
Bath Soap, Hair Shampoo and Conditioner, toothpaste and other toiletries (not provided)
Sunscreen (not provided)
Aloe (not provided)
Salve/Ointment (not provided)
Baby Powder for the beach (not provided)
Small tool kit (to open toy batteries)
Flash Lights to walk on the beach at night (red flashlights during turtle season)
Ceiling fans in the bedrooms and 1 standing fan in the closet.
Ironing board and Iron
Pen and paper
Always make sure your pet is up to date on flea/tick and vaccinations
A copy of vaccination records
Important phone numbers of vet
Pet Bed (not provided)
Dog Leashes (not provided)
Dog Toys (not provided)
Dog Cage/Pen (not provided)
Clean up Baggies when you are walking around and need to clean up after your pet.
Dog food (not provided)
Netting for around the balcony
Pack n Play (not provided)
High chair (not provided)
Stroller/wagon (not provided)
Lifejacket (not provided)
Netting for around the balcony
- 1 user likes this
How to SAVE Money while eating out in Panama City Beach
Early Bird Specials, Specials of the day/week, Like and Follow restaurant pages on Face book, and sign up for notifications for NimbleDeals (vouchers that you can purchase for discounts).
Diamond on the Emerald Coast , we have a binder in our condo, full of menus and recommendations of places our family, as well as, our guest like to eat while on vacation. You can also read the guest book for suggestions too. I have created Guides on HOUFY too, for you to search for places to eat before you even leave for vacation. Top 10 Places to Eat..... , Beach/Bay Front Dining, Pizza, Pier Park Restaurants, and Places to Eat . If it is your first time to Panama City Beach flip through the pages and explore. Note: some places have early bird specials, or daily/weekly specials. If you are regulars to Panama City Beach, check out a few new restaurants during your stay.
- Call ahead, search facebook pages or websites, and find out if the restaurant has an early bird special or daily specials.
- I recommend signing up for Panama City Beach Nimble Deals, I get notification for discount vouchers that I can purchase. Please read the fine print and details. I like to purchase vouchers before my trip, but I have experienced some expire quickly, or have restrictions.
- You can also follow your favorite restaurants on Face book, most restaurants post daily specials and events.
If you are searching Diamond on the Emerald Coast Guides, you can also create your own Guide and post all the restaurants that interest you to your guide to easily find.
First log into HOUFY.com Look through post, share stories, and guides for places that you would like to eat.
- Click the the middle square at the top right corner.
- In the drop down menu click Create a New Guide
- Fill out the details and click SAVE for example "Vacation Meals"
- Scroll through the post, stories, and Guides and when you find a place where you would like to eat save it to your guide.
Guest can create GUIDES for anything for example: Places to eat Vacation 2018 Diamond on the Emerald Coast, Things to do in PCB. Vacations Destination I would like to visit...........and more. This is an example guide from a guest.
Sign up for notifications for discounts.
- 1 user likes this
SunScreen and SunBurn
Its a beautiful day at the beach, but don't forget your sunscreen!! Disclosure this is not medical advice always consult your physician.
Diamond on the Emerald Coast has beach umbrellas to use, but you still need sunscreen. Even if you plan on sitting under an umbrella, wear a hat, or even a long sleeve shirt you still need to apply a sunscreen. Especially to areas that are exposed like face, ears, neck, arms, feet, legs, and everywhere else.
Mineral Based Ingrediants
Always look for sunscreen SPF 30+ or higher, with a mineral based main ingredient Zinc or Titanium~(mineral based), Water Resistant, and Broad Spectrum (UVA and UVB). If you can find Paraben free and PABA free even better. Follow the directions on the bottle, and applying sunscreen 30 minutes before you go into the sun gives your body time to absorb the protection.
Check Ingredients Every Time you buy a new bottle, because brands change/add ingredients frequently
Just because you have a "favorite brand" every time you buy a new bottle, you have to check the ingredients, because brands formulas change and brands offer different sunscreen varieties. Most Baby formulas are mineral based, but not all adult and children formulas are mineral based, even if they are from the same brand. Some people are sensitive to some ingredients so the less ingredients the better, in my opinion. And sunscreens do loose their effectiveness as they get older, so check to see how old is that bottle of sunscreen.
I suggest avoiding sunscreen sprays, most do not have the mineral based ingredient, people are showing symptoms of allergic reactions/sensitivity to some of the ingredients, and studies are showing negative impact to the Ocean/Coral Reefs from the ingredients.
Remember to reapply your sunscreen often, throughout the day (around every hour), read the bottle for directions, and reapply more often if you are swimming or sweating.
Be mindful of medications/products that you maybe taking/using that makes your skin more sensitive to sun. And don't forget to protect your eyes with sunglasses made to shield your eyes from the harmful affect of the sun.
Some Mineral Based Sunscreens
If you happen to get SunBurned, if it is serious, blistering, or possibly sun poisoning always consult a medical professional first. This information is not a substitute for medical advise.
Start by drinking water to rehydrate your body. An over the counter pain reliever/anti inflammatory may also help. Stay away from sunburn products that contain Lidocaine- it may temporarily relieve some of the pain, but the pain is likely to get worse when the pain relief wears off. Other remedies that may help alleviate your symptoms include:
- Cool cloth or cooling towel
- Apple Cider Vinegar, soak a towel and place on sunburn or put 1 cup in a cool bath to soak
- Cool wash cloth soaked in milk
- Aloe Vera to soothe sunburn, place in refrigerator for extra cool (pure aloe is best)
- Teabags soaked in cold water
- Witch Hazel applied to skin
- Foille Ointment
- 1 user likes this
Don't get Scammed on your next vacation rental.
I hear everyday of heart wrenching stories of guest getting scammed out of their money by scammers. Scammers are taking advantage of the limited communication that the big listing sites are enforcing. Without direct communication and public information between owner/manager and guest, it is hard to verify that the owner/manager vacation rental is legit.
Owners are utilizing alternative strategies to book guest directly, through face book rental groups, websites, alternative listing sites with open communication and no guest service fees, and other marketing strategies to boost the campaign #BOOKDIRECT . But what does HASHTAGBOOKDIRECT mean? Well its allowing open communication between owners/managers and guest. Its saving guest money by not paying the extra guest service fees.
So what is with all the scamming? Well booking direct gives scammers the open door to convince guest that they are saving them money by showing them copied pictures of rentals, copied videos, and telling them to book direct through a personal message, and/or sending them links to big sites that are not theirs, and saying "LOOK BUT DON'T BOOK."
Owners/Managers I want to encourage 2 things.
- Owners/managers protect the guest by signing up on at least one secure listing site, that verifies owners and shows telephone numbers, names, and photo/info/rental information, that does not charge guest fees, and that allows guest to opening message/email you questions directly. (signing up on at least 2 listing sites makes it easier to verify ownership) You can now find multiple listing sites with these features. Check out Vacation Rentals 101 Face book Group.
- Owners/managers create a web site. (or join multiple listing sites to cross reference ownership)
Guest you need to do your homework too.
- ALWAYS check out the owner/managers and verify in at least 2 secure locations that the owners information is LEGIT *telephone number is the same, *name is the same and *photos/info/rental are the same. (if possible confirm in 3 places)
- STOP communicating through private messaging on facebook. THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM IN THE BOOK. They are not saving you money, they do not care about you, if they cared they would be able to show you 2 secure links to at least verify rental ownership. Sending you pictures, bills with address, and videos are not secure and can be easily copied/forged.
If an owner/manager personal messages you and tells you that they don't have at least one listing site link with open communication/no guest service fees, and/or website or another listing site, to verify the rental is legit, that should throw up two red flags. First that owner/manager does not care about you or protecting you from scammers and Second that owner/manager is trying to stay hidden or under the radar for some reason, possibly to scam. When you are in the vacation rental business you want guest to find you so they can book with you.
Diamond on the Emerald Coast can be found and verified on multiple listing sites and websites
To find multiple listing sites to list and search for your vacation rental check out Vacation Rental 101
Find verified HOUFY rental links in HOUFY vacation rental group
- 1 user likes this